Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 4

Day Four is going great so far. Mind you I have only been up for about 3 hours. My body hurts from the great workout yesterday and I am not feeling the need for a smoke. My friends on Facebook have been sending me encouraging messages and responding to my posts with tons of "ata girls" I will say though what the hell is up with my scale at the gym compared to the one at weight watchers? For example, last Friday I got on the Gym scale and it said 216. Then yesterday (wends) it said 210, I am not sure I can really count that I have lost 6 lbs in 6 days. I want to take it and say I have but I am just not sure I can trust it when on Tuesday night at my first Weight watchers meeting a different scale said 218.8!! What's a girl to do?

Went over on my points on the first day, I went over by 7 points because I went out with Shawn. It is our normal date night, so I really did not want to skip it. you have all these flex points and you can earn activity points, which I am not totally sure how that all works, So I guess I did not really go over since I could just borrow from flex points and I earned 6 activity points from my awesome workout. Hopefully this point system will not be so confusing as time goes on. Lots of my friends have lost tons of weight on weight watchers so I am really hopeful in its ability to help me. I am concerned that I will have to figure out the points for a lot of my own recipes though, because it is not like I cook from a recipe very often. I guess I will just have to relearn it. A lot of that going on this week and for the foreseeable future.

Time to do some yoga and be supremely good to myself. I swear this selfish, self indulgence is something I can get used to

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you lady and thoroughly enjoyed our walk this afternoon...maybe all your motivation will rub off and I can get myself back in shape too! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deal with points . . . you must meet a minimum of your daily goal in order to have enough food to fuel your body. Going over is not a big deal unless you use ALL your flex points for the week. Don't feel guilt about going over your points for the day as long as you're not over using those flex points. AND every time you work out you gain points, so even if you went over in any day you probably earned those points back with your workout. You're doing fantastic, Iris! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete