Saturday, August 21, 2010

Farmers Market

Wonderful Day for the farmers market. Got lots of beautiful veggies from a local organic farmer. Last year I went to visit their farm with my two boys. We saw all the animals and fed the goats. They have a huge bee hive and some of the best honey I have ever tasted. It is so satisfying to spend my money in a way that benefits my local community. Seeing their operation helped me to understand that I can live a "greener" lifestyle while still living in suburbia. Little changes in spending habits all help to the common good. there is lots to learn about canning, and preserving food but if I can learn a little each year some day my sustainability dream can come true. When I am ready for it. For now I will support the people who are already doing it and hopefully gain a bit of knowledge in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment